Forthcoming or in-progress works
- 2020 Rose, R. Academic Reading in Science and Engineering, Book 2 (Revised Edition). Tokyo: DTP Publishing. [info]
- 2020 Aug. Rose, R. "Creating vocabulary list quizzes automatically with Word Quiz Constructor". EUROCALL Gathering 2020.
- 2020 June Rose, R. "Automated generation of vocabulary quizzes en masse for large-scale testing". JALTCALL 2020 online conference. [info]
- 2020 Rose, R. "Fluidity: Real-time Feedback on Acoustic Measures of Second Language Speech Fluency". In Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Speech Prosody 2020, pp. 774–778. [info, video]
- 2020 Rose, R. "Improving the Production Efficiency and Well-formedness of Automatically- Generated Multiple-Choice Cloze Vocabulary Questions". In Proceedings of the 12th Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC 2020), pp. 7096–7103. [info]
- 2020 Rose, R. Academic Reading in Science and Engineering, Book 1 (Revised Edition). Tokyo: DTP Publishing. [info]
- 2019 Rose, R. "A Comparison of Disfluencies in Scripted and Non-Scripted Spontaneous Speech". In Proceedings of LPSS 2019: The 3rd International Symposium on Linguistic Patterns in Spontaneous Speech, pp. 21–26. [info]
- 2019 Rose, R. L. and Eklund, R. (eds.), Proceedings of DiSS 2019, The 9th Workshop on Disfluency in Spontaneous Speech. Budapest, Hungary: ELTE Eötvös Loránd University, ISBN 978-963-489-063-8. [info]
- 2019 Rose, R. "Fluidity: Developing second language fluency with real-time feedback during speech practice". In Proceedings of SLaTE: 8th ISCA Workshop on Speech and Language Technology in Education, pp. 39-40. [pdf]
- 2019 Rose, R. "The structural signaling effect of silent and filled pauses". In Proceedings of the 9th Workshop on Disfluency in Spontaneous Speech (DiSS), pp. 19-22. [info]
- 2019 Rose, R. & Watanabe M. "A crosslinguistic corpus study of silent and filled pauses: When do speakers use filled pauses to fill pauses?". In Proceedings of the 19th International Congress of Phonetic Sciences (ICPhS), pp. 2615-2619. [pdf]
- 2019 May. Rose, R. "Automated real-time feedback on second language speech fluency". Computer Assisted Language Instruction Consortium (CALICO) Conference, Montreal, QC, Canada.
- 2019 Mar. Rose, R. "The structural signalling effect of filled pauses during reading". CUNY Human Sentence Processing Conference, Boulder, Colorado, USA.
- 2019 Rose, R. "Complexity and fluency in L2 speech: Considering L1 speech patterns and L2 proficiency". In Degand, L., Gilquin, G., Meurant, L., & Simon, A-C. Fluency and Disfluency across Languages and Language Varieties. Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium: Presses universitaires de Louvain, pp. 197-217. [Book web page]
- 2018 Nov. Rose, R. "Real-time feedback on speed fluency with Fluidity". Presentation at Japan Association for Language Teaching (JALT) International Conference, Shizuoka, Japan.
- 2018 Rose, R. "JESPR: An open-source library for web-based self-paced reading tasks" [JESPR: ウェブ上での自己ペース読文課題用のオープンソースライブラリ]. IEICE Technical Report, 118(63): 53-58. [abstract]
- 2018 Rose, R. "ADAPS: A resource for solving the challenge of locating, preparing, displaying, and reusing academic reading texts for learners". In Mackay, J., Birello, M., and Xerri, D. (Eds.), ELT Research in Action: Bridging the Gap between Research and Classroom Practice. Kent, UK: IATEFL, pp. 111-116. [Book web page]
- 2018 Mar. Rose, R. "Interactions between linguistic complexity and fluency in a corpus of first and second language speech". American Association of Applied Linguistics (AAAL), Chicago, IL, USA.
- 2018 Mar. Rose, R. "Pauses in the perception and production of fluent speech: The case of nonnative listeners and speakers". Invited talk at Télécom ParisTech, Paris, France.
- 2018 Mar. Rose, R. "Towards providing real-time feedback on speech fluency for L2 learner development". Invited talk at Phonetics Colloquium, Institute of Phonetics, University of Saarland, Saarbrücken, Germany.
- 2018 Feb. Rose, R. "Crosslinguistic perception and production of filled and silent pauses and raising L2 learners' awareness of them". Invited talk at Spoken Language Systems Lab (L²F) at Instituto de Engenharia de Sistemas e Computadores (INESC-ID), Lisbon, Portugal.